SHORE - Volunteering
VOLUNTEERING IN SHORE
Here are just a few of the ways you can give your time and skills
help people with housing needs through SHORE programs:
Volunteering is fun!
- Organize a collection or fundraiser at your house of
worship or club.
- Put your writing, graphic or photographic skills to work
in producing a brochure.
- Sponsor someone from SHORE to speak to your house of
worship, civic group, or place of work.
- Help put out the SHORE newsletter - write a story or
sort-and-label or take
the newsletter to the Post Office.
- Provide a meal, or part of a meal, once a month for 38
living at Open Arms Shelter.
- Bring a game or video to the Open Arms for the residents
spend an evening there, interacting with residents;
or tutor an Open Arms resident in reading, math or other skills.
- Provide transportion for one or a few Open Arms residents
to a free
concert or softball game in your community.
- Donate to the Token Fund which helps pay for Open Arms
residents' bus transportation
to jobs, training and other day programs.
- Recruit volunteers in your church or temple to join
together and provide
chaplain's services, meals, or other types of support to the Open Arms.
- Call St. Bernard's Center for Learning to find out how you
can help homeless
children and their families.
- Consider becoming a mentor for a youngster making the
Call (914) 328-1896
to find out how
you can help!
SHORE Main Menu | Open
Programs and Activities |
Permanent Housing | Partners
House of Worship Supporters |
Business & Other Supporters
Home | Comments? E-mail web